located in Johnson County
between Cleburne and Grandview!
Watts Chapel United Methodist Church mission statement:
"Rooted in Tradition; Grounded in Faith; Focused on the Future."
In keeping with our mission statement, "Rooted in Tradition" means that we have celebrated worship every Sunday morning in our Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall. We will celebrate our 71st Homecoming Sunday, our 126th year of continuous services in our sanctuary and our 23rd Lord's Acre in October.
We are "Grounded in Faith" with our Intercessory Prayer Group and missions. We are a praying church and loving church.
Because we are "Focused on the Future" we have recently installed new insulation under our wooden floor making the sanctuary much more comfortable in our Texas weather, and installed a new state-of-the-art sound system so that everyone can hear what is said during the service - even in the Fellowship Hall next door! We have added a large screen TV to both the front and rear of the sanctuary with a PowerPoint presentation every service so that those who can't read the small print in the hymnals or don't want to fumble through pages, can read right along with the service that is also printed in the bulletin.
Everyone is welcome! We'd like to see you there.
Communion served first Sunday of every month.
Children's Sunday School at 10:00am
Adult Bible Study class at 10:30am
Watts Chapel United Methodist Church and Cemetery were established in 1892. The land was donated by Nathaniel Franklin Watts and his wife, Rachel. The land was given for the sum of one dollar "and further consideration of encouraging and advancing the religious interest of our community." The church has fulfilled this legacy for the past century.
Watts Chapel has had continuous worship services, including music programs, funerals, weddings and a place for Methodists and the community to worship in the same building for 126 years.
Last updated on May 27, 2018